Senior Concept Artist
A Senior Concept Artist creates concept art and illustrations. Your goal is to bring to life the characters and environments of various Stormhaven Studios projects through epic pre-production concepts and inspiring illustration work to be used across the company.
This is a work-for-hire, contract position. We fully support a remote work force, and encourage contractors from anywhere in the world to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Create character and environment concepts for pre-production
- Create environment mood paintings, lighting studies, color keys, and color scripts
- Create highly polished illustrations to promote new content and expansions
- Partnering with internal and external artists to collaborate on large creatively complex assignments
- Create jaw dropping illustration work to be used across the company for various titles, marketing, promotional material, etc.
- Create concept art and illustration work to help the game development teams with their creative and artistic goals
- Work with art directors and directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the team
Your Background and Experience
- 3 – 5+ professional industry experience as a concept artist or illustrator
- Exceptional ability creating traditional 2D art and you know when to work quick to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption.
- You’re an expert with shape design, silhouette, and structure as well as color and composition and you aren’t afraid to experiment with 3D when it helps get the job done
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with emotions and feelings.
- You love to collaborate. You have experience working with other artists and sometimes leading them on team projects. You take initiative and will help lead a creative vision, understanding that creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when working with others.
- You love games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and exploring ways to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for games and understand the unique approach to creating art for our game universes.
- Strong traditional arts foundation, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, illustration, etc.
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, or Zbrush
Requirements for Applying:
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Stormhaven Studios, LLC
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- A paid art test may be requested during the interview process
Stormhaven Studios, LLC is a global company committed to growing our contractors and employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment with a diverse and inclusive culture of people from around the world, with training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything to us. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. We look forward to having you on the team!
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.