Intern Environment Modeling Artist
Stormhaven Studios, LLC is looking for a 3D Environment Modeling Artist intern for work on the Saga of Lucimia MMORPG. This artist must have skills to work well within a small team and the capability of making creative decisions with regards to asset creation and design. This person will be responsible for learning our pipeline and creating assets that work cleanly and efficiently with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, humble, has pride in their work and a “do whatever it takes” attitude.
This is a six-month unpaid internship with the potential to move to paid internship based upon your performance during the initial six months. We fully support a remote work force, and encourage contractors from anywhere in the world to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Ability to create environmental assets, both stylized and realistic, ranging from props to organic assets and entire set pieces
- Interpret artistic direction with ease, with or without concept art
- Excellent design and compositional skills
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills and a team-player
- Able to filter and evaluate criticism on a professional level
- Maintain the production schedule and/or communicate any deadline concerns
- Work seamlessly with up and downstream departments to deliver assets fitting their requirements
- Create efficient UVs and topology for production
- Understand current animation/vfx production pipelines with a focus on Modeling, Previs and Layout
- Capable of problem solving creative challenges on the fly
Your Background and Experience
- Proven talent as an environment modeling artist, even at the hobby level
- Ability to concept model, texture and light entire scenes for look development
- Solid understanding of architecture
- Foundation in the traditional arts
- Knowledge of current animation programs like Maya/Max, Zbrush/Mudbox, XGen, Photoshop and tree building software
- Experience rendering with Renderman/Redshift or equivalent
- Understanding of the Saga of Lucimia visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
- Strong traditional arts foundation, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, illustration, etc.
Requirements for Applying:
- Resume: we’re less impressed by your educational background than we are with a strong portfolio. Maybe you are someone who has always had a passion for asset creation but you’ve never had the chance to pursue it beyond as a hobby: now is your chance; show us the goods.
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Stormhaven Studios, LLC
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- A paid art test may be requested during the interview process
Stormhaven Studios, LLC is a global company committed to growing our contractors and employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment with a diverse and inclusive culture of people from around the world, with training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything to us. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. We look forward to having you on the team!
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.